SERVICES / REFINERIES REVAMP, UPGRADE & MANAGEMENT
REFINERIES REVAMP, UPGRADE & MANAGEMENT
Refineries Revamp, upgrade and management are of paramount importance to ensure refinery profitability, logistic reliability and safety at the local and corporate levels so as to increase production capacity in the existing plant.
Factors we consider to ensure a successful revamps include:
- An experienced technology provider. Revamping an existing hydrocracker or hydrotreater is substantially more complex than building a new one and is a highly specialised area that calls for advanced process engineering skills and wide-ranging operating experience.
- A thorough evaluation of the different revamp options. There is likely to be a wide range of potential projects and it is important to consider them through a range of operational and strategic lenses.
- Adopting successful practices from other sites. There are tremendous insights to be gained from seeking out best practices and key lessons from other refineries.
- A high-quality team. The team that manages the revamp should be multidisciplinary and include representatives from operations. This is recommended for all capital projects but is even more important for a revamp project.
- Local knowledge. Global best practices and experience must be complemented by local knowledge; consider using local skilled or house contractors to implement the revamp.